About Me

My photo
The day I said "I do" I married the love of my life and the United States Navy. Since then we have been enjoying the life that the Navy has offered us. This is the story of my days as a wife, stay at home mom of 3 , dog wrangler, and coordinator of our crazy lives!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Key West Grilled Chicken

I thought I'd mix things up a little bit on this beautiful Friday and share a recipe that I tried for the first time last night

Key West Grilled Chicken

This recipe was so easy and I loved that I had everything on hand to make it. Lets be honest...I like to cook...I do not like to buy a bunch of random ingredients that I will rarely use. Regardless, I found this on pinterest and decided to give it a shot! I am so glad I did because it was DELICIOUS!


Ingredients:
 - 3 tablespoons soy sauce
 - 2 tablespoons honey
 - 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
 - Juice of 1 lime
 - 1 teaspoon minced garlic (I may have cheated and added a bit more garlic)
 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (which, seriously, why couldnt they say 2 chicken breasts? I used 4 small chicken breasts..how's that for stickin it to the man?)


In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime, and garlic. Mix well so that the honey gets blended in with the rest of it. If you want to just have chicken breasts you can stick the entire thing into the mixture. I opted to skewer mine, so I chunked up the chicken and put it in the mixture. Let marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

If you're like me and you want festive meat on a stick, when the chicken is done marinating, put it onto the skewers. I used metal skewers, but if you use wooden ones make sure to soak them in water first. No one wants their dinner to catch on fire.

Gril on medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes making sure to rotate it.

I served ours with rice and asparagus. To make it a little more zesty I added lime juice to the cooked rice as well.


If you'd like to take a look at the actual recipie you can find it here. This website has some really cool ideas for food budgeting. I am especially interested in trying out their "$50 Weekly Menu" ideas.

Please pardon my the wonkiness of my picture. I am new to photographing my food. 


I love meals that take very little time and effort! What's your go-to after a busy day?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment