About Me

My photo
The day I said "I do" I married the love of my life and the United States Navy. Since then we have been enjoying the life that the Navy has offered us. This is the story of my days as a wife, stay at home mom of 3 , dog wrangler, and coordinator of our crazy lives!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Beauty (and baby) in a Box

Is it just me or are there new sample delivery companies popping up everywhere? If you aren't familiar with this concept, basically, you sign up for a subscription and the company of your choice sends you a monthly box containing samples of products that they recommend.


The first one I heard of, birchbox, claims that "Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase." I have a couple of girlfriends that get Birchbox and they love it! I haven't committed yet, but I am thinking of ordering my own subscription. They also have gift subscriptions, which makes a fun and unique present!


What seems to be a little higher end is glossybox. This is also available through a subscription service, giving customers, "5 luxury travel-sized beauty products for you to lather, blend, soak, spray, buff, and groom. Indulge and experience luxury at its finest". This seems like it would be a great way to try to out "luxury products" without spending the big bucks on full size products. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather splurge on something that I know I love instead of just winging it and hoping for the best!


Okay, so we've covered the beauty end. Because I have checked these sites out a couple of times, Facebook has obviously got my number and has recently been advertising for me to check out citrus lane. This subscription service allows parents to specify the age and gender of your child and then receive 4-5 of the "best" products available. One thing I love about this concept is that there seems to be a theme every month. They are advertising the July theme as "Bon Voyage". The picture shows a toy, sunscreen, sippy cups, etc. Previous themes are artsy, bath time, and bed time. The one caveat is that this is only available for children up to 3 years old. 


What appears to be the best of both worlds is available through bluum, which sends out a monthly box containing products for both mommas and babies. Containing both full size and sample size products, bluum sends out beauty products for moms and all the cool stuff we have come to expect for our little ones! Like citrus lane, bluum appears to be creating themes out of there boxes, such as "spring is in the air" and "new beginnings". 


Do you have a subscription to any of these (or other) companies? If not, is this something that you would be interested in partaking in??

No comments:

Post a Comment