Thursday, May 17, 2012

Another Day in Paradise

Today started out as a good day. Don't get me wrong...it hasn't been all bad, but I am beginning to realize that its always something. When I got home from running around today I found Zoey, my little naughty boxer, had a problem with her eye. A major problem. I haven't been able to get her to hold still and/or keep it open long enough to get a picture but it looks nasty. When I got home she could barely keep it open and when she did open it her eye was rolled back in her head and her second eyelid was essentially stuck to her eyeball. Of course the baby is sleeping, but I knew as soon as he woke up he was going to need fed and changed. Do I dare go to the vet and risk a meltdown? Of course not. I'm not a glutton for punishment.

Thankfully Ed was able to come home a little early from work so I could run her up to the vet (which is so awesome about last minute appointments...Berryhill Animal Hospital...i love you). Anyway, the vet seemed to think that she got something in it that scratched her eyelid. Whatever. I think thats a load of crap but I didn't go to school for veterinary medicine, so I guess I'll take his word for it. He gave us some medicine to put on it and did a bunch of tests to rule out a serious issue, but she looks pretty much the same. I guess only time will tell but the poor thing looks like a hot mess. Imagine Quasimodo on a boxer face. Poor baby.

On a lighter note...look at me blogging two days in a row :-)

Day 16- Another picture of yourself (baby pic!)


This is fun because I happen to have a bunch of my baby/kid pictures on the computer from our wedding and the slideshow that never came to fruition. 


It's so hard to pick a favorite, so I will post a few. I love looking at them and comparing them to how Preston looked when he was born and how he looks now. He looked so much like Ed has a newborn but looks more like my brother every day. 






Here is hoping my exhausted boy (and dog) sleep through the night. I just noticed that I rarely mention and/or take pictures of Bella. Thats because she is as stead-fast and laid-back as I could ever have hoped her to be. As long as meals are on time and ears are scratched she is a happy girl. 


Preston (and Bella) in February

Yep, just another day in paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment